March 3, 2013

#35: Medley




One day can bend your existence and alter the way that you
eat Lay's chips out of the bag--
All the little things change and
nothing is the
same.

So I remember when I’d get straight A’s and you’d tell
me that I was great and
I was going to go far
and you were
proud.

Well now I don’t hear these things so
I slip on my bathrobe--
Hibernate for a few thousand years,
lost in in the sound of your voice.
Suffocated by a sea of regret.

Wishing means nothing if nobody can
hear and these ships have
anchors that bind us to
the shores of our
subconscious.

The bottom of this ship--
It scrapes the sand where our souls
once stood and where
you once were and where we
once laughed.

Nothing is the same when you're gone
and to be honest,
I think I may be somewhere between
sick of holding on and happy
you haven't let go.

No comments:

Post a Comment